Artist/Instructor: Jennifer Koury
Fee: $24 for members / $34 for not-yet members
The workshop will be held on ZOOM
Observing the view from your window, participants will paint four small watercolor paintings of a similar subject using four different approaches. Each approach will create a changing emotional response to your unique location and will be learned while following the instructor's guidance. Gain knowledge of watercolor techniques, including controlling the paper's dampness and the amount of water versus pigment ratio in your paint application, for expressive brushstrokes and washes.
Find a window view that you both enjoy and will appreciate painting, and set up the following:
1. Two 15" x 22" Arches Rough 140 lb, Rag- 100% Cotton and sturdy backing board for each sheet. Please adhere each 1/2 sheet of watercolor paper to a board with tape.
2. Varied watercolor brushes, including one large round and a 1 inch flat. Loew Cornell Ultra Round Watercolor Brushes are a great quality.
3. Watercolor palette with your favorite professional-grade tube paints; brands might include Qor, Daniel Smith, Sennelier, and Winsor Newton.
4. Masking tape and scissors.
5. Pencil, eraser, water container with a wide /stable base, spray bot
Registration coming soon. Questions? Contact Kathy Gaye Shiroki at firstname.lastname@example.org.