Status: Full-time, non-exempt (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $38,000 - $42,000
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the Development & Special Events Coordinator (DSEC) is a key position in the Burchfield Penney Art Center Development Department, ensuring that departmental events and day-to-day departmental operations run smoothly, accurately, and efficiently...
This role leads the planning and execution of all events within the Development Department, with particular focus on the Annual Art Auction & Gala and the biannual (716)ART Auction. Additional event coordination may include, but is not limited to, managing the logistics of partner events at regional galleries, donor and sponsor tours, and meetings with major donors. In collaboration with the Membership Associate, the DSEC also provides support for member-related events and activities such as member receptions and members exhibition preview nights.
The DESC also plays a key administrative role in the Development Department, maintaining information and processing donations through the donor management system (Raiser’s Edge). This role will also generate acknowledgments for all non-membership donations, including event sponsorship, annual giving, major donations, and donations of artwork for event auctions. Excellent writing and attention to detail are essential in successfully performing this function of the position.
The duties of this role will vary over the course of each calendar year, requiring excellent time management and communication skills, the ability to self-prioritize work, and the ability to collaborate and manage expectations both across and upwards within the organization.
Although work will typically be conducted at the Center Monday-Friday during normal business hours, this position is frequently required to be present for programs that may begin or end outside those parameters, including occasional evening or weekend events. Flexible scheduling is available in these instances to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Coordinates all logistics and activities for fundraising events
- Manages timeline, content, and production of event-related materials, including invitations, program books, and digital assets.
- Serves as the primary liaison for event committee meetings, creating agendas and working with chairs to lead meetings and follow up actions.
- Manages invitation lists (mailing and digital) for all development events
- Creates materials for sponsor, participant and donor solicitation and acknowledgement.
- Communicates with event sponsors to ensure fulfillment of their benefits
Fund Development & Donor Relations
- Manages gift processing functions, including entry of gifts into Raiser’s Edge, batch reporting and other financial reports, and producing and distributing timely gift acknowledgements
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of data, performs timely data updates and coding, and produces reports, including monthly pledge status reports.
- Manages and ensures the accuracy of online email lists and coding, in conjunction with marketing staff.
- Manages the monthly giving program, processes monthly gifts, and ensures donor credit card information is accurate and secure.
- Drafts and prepares donor correspondence, including regular pledge reminders, billing invoices, invitations, and gift acknowledgement letters.
Administrative & Logistical Support
- Travels within the region to pick up and deliver supplies, documents, packages, meeting materials, food, and beverages.
- Handles administrative details associated with comprehensive campaign activities (i.e., scheduling meetings, coordinating refreshments).
- Proactively prepares for internal and external meetings and donor engagements, managing technology, booking reservations, handling accommodations for guests, coordinating on-site room reservations, and collating meeting materials.
- Manages the development filing system, both paper and digital files.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Proven database management skill and computer literacy; experience in data systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and generating reports.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships within the organization, with supporters, and within the community.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have consistent, reliable access to a vehicle and transportation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years fundraising experience, membership service/sales, customer service, or related non-profit work.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly developed skills in writing and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
To apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references in one PDF document, saved as "Last name.First name.” with “Development & Special Events Coordinator” in the subject bar to email@example.com. No calls, please.
This position is open until filled, but only applications received by September 30, 2023 can be assured full consideration. The planned employment date is November 1, 2023.