Artist/Instructor: Jennifer Koury
$48 BPAC member/$58 BPAC not-yet member
*Preassembled assorted papers are included in the class fee.
Experience new approaches to the medium of watercolor on a variety of assorted papers: handmade, printmaking, yupo, and several surprises. Prepare a sketch of one tree that will be your subject for the painting series.
Jennifer Koury, a watercolorist, delights in both the natural world's play of light and color on forms, and watercolor's whimsical properties: color bleeding, reticulation and natural paint sediments. Koury has enjoyed a rewarding career as a dedicated painter and freelance illustrator. She is published in both children's and adult based books. Her work is featured at George Washington's Mount Vernon and Yuma Regional Medical Center, Arizona. After graduating from Virginia Commonwealth University in Painting and Printmaking, Koury continued her studies to graduate from the Art Center College of Design, California. She resides with her family in Buffalo and is inspired by the natural beauty of Western New York.
1. Photo or drawing of a tree to use for a series of paintings.
2. Watercolors, brushes, and palette which will work for multimedia
3. Please bring a palette to combine the mediums of charcoal and watercolor which will not compromise a pure watercolor palette.
4. Charcoal pencils of various densities
5. Vine charcoal and/or charcoal sticks
6. Erasers appropriate for pencils and charcoal
To register contact Kathy Gaye Shiroki at 716-878-3549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the registration form on the BPAC website.