May 18 - June 9, 1967
bronze, glass and paper
Charles E. Burchfield Archives, Gift of John Clancy, 1981
Over the decades, Frank K M Rehn (1886-1956) subtly changed the name of his art gallery as he relocated. This sign represents the period from 1934 to 1952 when he moved a short distance to 683 Fifth Avenue. The displayed list reflects an exhibition for Burchfield and his colleagues Edward Hopper (1882-1967) and Reginald Marsh (1898-1954) in 1967, just months after he died, held in the Frank Rehn Gallery at 655 Madison Avenue by 60th Street.